Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate (SSL)
Ivory white powder or lamellar solid with a characteristic odour.
Have the functions for increase toughness, emulsify, improve preservation, protect fresh etc. It can be used in baked products, steamed bread, noodles, dumplings etc. Also used as an emulsifier in margarine or fresh cream or cosmetics.
1. Strengthen the toughness, elasticity of doughing; enlarge the physical volume of the bread and the steamed bread. Improve the construction of tissue.
2. Make the surface of bread and noodles smoother. Decrease the rate of rupture.
3. Make biscuit mold unloading easily, and make the external appearance tidy, the level of structure clear, and the taste crisp.
4. There is an interaction between SSL and amylose to make the time of preservation longer.
5. Enlarge the physical volume of frozen food. Improve the construction of tissue. Avoiding the surface to split up and prevent the filling to leak.
Dispersible in hot water. Dissolve in ethanol or hot oil and fat.
HLB = 8.3
Acid value (mgKOH/g) 60-90
Ester value (mgKOH/g) 150-190
Total lactic acid (%) 31.0-34.0
Heavy metals (calculated by Pb) % ≤0.001
Arsenic (calculated by As) % ≤0.0003
Sodium content 3.5-5.0
Operation method and use level:
1. Mixes with flour directly and uses symmetrical.
2.The effect is better if adds the product to the six times of warm water which the temperature is about 60 degrees first and make them became a kind of paste, then mixes with flour pro rate.
3. The proposal of append: 0.2-0.5% (account with the amount of flour)
Aluminized bag vacuum packing with nitrogen inside.
Store and transportation:
Seal to store in the low temperature, dry, cool and well-ventilated place, in order to prevent the moisture absorption and caking. Strictly forbid to store and transport with materials that is explosive, combustible or deleterious. The storage life is 18 months.